INTENSIVE PHOTOGRAPHY TWO DAY WORKSHOP - CHI
This 2-day intensive workshop in a small-group setting offers a hands-on learning experience in maternity photography. The workshop will teach you the skills to create beautiful imagery, allowing you to take your business to the next level.
TIME: Saturday - 9:30am - 2pm; Sunday - 9:30am - 2pm
NUMBER OF ATTENDEES: Max of 8
- Snacks, refreshments and lunch will be provided
- Hands on shooting with model or several models
- All images you take may be used in your portfolio
- Private continued education Facebook group
- Each attendee will receive a complimentary 60 minute Skype call with Polo after the session to help with any questions they might have, hurdles they have come across, image critique or just to chat
LIGHTING: Polo will be using studio lighting (strobe and constant)
WHAT TO BRING:
- DSLR camera
- Participants must be comfortable using their camera in manual mode
- Your favorite lens - 24-70mm, or 85mm
- Memory cards, camera charger
- Notepad and pen
- Laptop is not required
This two-day course begins with a presentation demonstrating Polo s simplistic style in capturing a pregnant form. During this intimate and connective workshop, you will learn how to see the light and use simple studio set ups to create stunning images. Additionally, you will gain the skills needed to maximize each set up with different angles and poses to achieve a variety of images your clients will love. This workshop promises to be an interactive one. Polo is very accessible and happy to answer any questions you may have. You will also have the chance to shoot alongside Polo and apply the concepts learned throughout the course. You will leave that day with not only newly acquired techniques, but also creative new images for your portfolio. The second day will start with an overview of the day before, followed by Polo s editing workflow. Polo will share her business model, pricing, and marketing strategies as well as SEO and social media tactics. This two-day workshop is not just the ultimate learning experience, it’s a great way to network and be around other like-minded creatives.
During this two-day course Polo will give you guidance on:
- How to create a comfortable and luxurious experience for your client
- Client preparation and studio wardrobe
- Polo’s favorite studio equipment and go-to set-ups
- Camera settings and techniques of getting beautiful images SOOC
- How to create a variety of stunning images by using a simple one light set and two light set up
- Silhouettes – high-key and low-key lighting, using available light to create artistic silhouettes
- Easy transition from soft to dramatic lighting
- How to work with fabrics, draping techniques and working with movement
- Editing workflow and how to transform the images into works of art
- Marketing, website direction, and SEO
- Finding your inspiration and developing your own unique style
- Achieving your goals and pursuing your career dream
TUITION / DEPOSIT:
Tuition is $500. Early bird registration is $350
Deposit: $100 is required to enroll, the balance is paid 4 weeks before the workshop. The final payment will be invoiced.
If you need to cancel after any payment is made, you will need to sell your seat in order to receive a refund. Our policy regarding cancellations can be found on our TERMS AND CONDITIONS page. We advise you to read this before you make a booking.
TRAVEL AND LODGING:
Attendees are responsible for their own lodging and travel to and from the workshop. After registering, we will provide recommended accommodations and travel information.
Join Polo and his team for dinner/drinks where he extends the conversation from the workshop during a fun and casual evening.